Have you ever tried a gourmet, edible flower popsicle?
I had the pleasure of biting into a tangy, juicy, and not-too-sweet Honey Lemonade popsicle created by Eden Passante recently.
Of the three popsicles we tasted that day, the Honey Lemonade with edible flowers was Phil’s favorite and mine.
This recipe hits the mark for taste and beauty.
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey simmer in small saucepan with a 1/2 cup water to melt and reduce honey
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
Simple ingredients, right?
Directions for Honey Lemonade with Edible Flowers
1. Squeeze lemons to make 1 cup lemon juice
2. In a small saucepan add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup water and simmer until honey is reduced and melted
3. In a container with a spout, add the lemon juice, honey water and 1 1/2 cup cold water
4. Pour into popsicles molds and add edible flowers
5. Place sticks in and freeze overnight
Make a batch of these beautiful popsicles for a special occasion or for your family to enjoy!
HOME & FAMILY SHOW on HALLMARK CHANNEL
As the gardening expert on the Home & Family show, I appear twice a week and dig into many different plants and design ideas.
I meet many interesting people and found out that Phil Keoghan’s father worked as an agronomist and invented the original Weed Whacker!
If you are not already a fan of the show, I invite you to watch Home & Family on the Hallmark channel, weekdays at 10 am pst!
Please subscribe to my Foodie Gardener blog and join the active community of other Foodie Gardeners on my Facebook Page!