Have you ever tried a gourmet, edible flower popsicle?
I got together with Cristina Ferrare on the Home & Family show a few years ago to make Prosecco Floral Popsicles. I was a fan of flowers and ice ever since!
I had the pleasure of biting into a tangy, juicy, and not-too-sweet Honey Lemonade popsicle created by Eden Passante recently.
The treat was extra special since I got to sit next to Phil Keoghan, host of the Amazing Race, who was guest hosting on my Home & Family show!
Of the three popsicles we tasted that day, the Honey Lemonade with edible flowers was Phil’s favorite and mine.
This recipe hits the mark for taste and beauty.
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey simmer in small saucepan with a 1/2 cup water to melt and reduce honey
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
Simple ingredients, right?
Directions for Honey Lemonade with Edible Flowers
1. Squeeze lemons to make 1 cup lemon juice
2. In a small saucepan add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup water and simmer until honey is reduced and melted
3. In a container with a spout, add the lemon juice, honey water and 1 1/2 cup cold water
4. Pour into popsicles molds and add edible flowers
5. Place sticks in and freeze overnight
Make a batch of these beautiful popsicles for a special occasion or for your family to enjoy!
HOME & FAMILY SHOW on HALLMARK CHANNEL
As the gardening expert on the Home & Family show, I appear twice a week and dig into many different plants and design ideas.
I meet many interesting people and found out that Phil Keoghan’s father worked as an agronomist and invented the original Weed Whacker!
If you are not already a fan of the show, I invite you to watch Home & Family on the Hallmark channel, weekdays at 10 am pst!
Please subscribe to my Foodie Gardener blog and join the active community of other Foodie Gardeners on my Facebook Page!